Thursday, September 1, 2011

Our Visit to Savannah, GA

In 2009, we took a road trip south. I wrote this piece for a blog that I never published. 

Savannah, Georgia


We did not spend much time here. But, it looks to be a very quaint town. We spent time walking through the town looking for Lady and Sons Restaurant. It did not take long to find it. Unfortunately, there was no room available and we had to walk on to find dinner else where. I was so upset by this, I love Paula Deen. She reminds me so much of my own Grandmother!  We walked for a few blocks more and found a few other places to eat. Some pizza place that is rated very highly, they had a 45 minute wait. Who wants to wait for pizza, we can get that at home.
100_3884
5 Guys Burgers had a 92% rating, so we decided to head that way. What a great idea. The burgers were awesome and the amount of fries the gave us was outrageous! They are a growing chain that started in DC and I hope that they will get to IL sometime soon.
We stopped at a candy store for my mother-in-law to pick up some pralines. While she did that, my nephew tried to pick up the girl helping her out. She was a very cute girl, she got a good chuckle out of his persistence. I would love to have stayed here for the night, but my dh had his sights set on home. So, after getting the candy, off we went.
Anyhow, I would like to return here and see what the really have to offer. The night life looked great and the history would be amazing to look into. Per my mother-in-law, this is a trip for ladies. Not much for the men here!

No comments:

Post a Comment